Writing a note to an unborn child?

Me and my SO thought about writing a letter to our daughter right before she is born then sealing it up and putting it into a small time capsule with a few things and then sealing that up also and not giving it to her until she graduates high school. Has anyone else done this?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did the pregnancy journal with notes to the baby and put in the letter all my hopes and dreams for the baby and that me and daddy loved you more than anything else. Plus I put a copy of the ultrasound pics in there to
    DaniGrl07

Answer by DaniGrl07 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Awww...that's really sweet! All of you! I wish I would have thought to do something like that!
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I did this with my daughter. She is now 5, and I'm planning on giving her the letter once she graduates. Maybe sooner if the need arises.
    BreefullyMe87

Answer by BreefullyMe87 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• That's special she would appreciate that to see your thoughts before coming into the world especially if an unfortunate tragic situation came about your words would be soothing for your daughter that was a great idea you both have.
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• what a beautiful idea! I kept a scrapook and wrote things to my unborn son along the way of my pregnancy. He enjoys reading it with me now. I love your idea though, very endearing.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:26 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• my husband and I both wrote letters while I was pregnant and then we wrote another one when they were 6 months and then one everyt year on thier birthday
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 11:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes. I kept a pregnancy diary and a "Daily Life of Aria" journal. Aria is my daughter's name. I still write in it to this day. She's 3 now. I also keep a scrapbook.
    ariaautumn08

Answer by ariaautumn08 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2011