I had heard some rumors.......

Ok my dh tells me he heard on a talk radio show based on politics and current events, that the US has been loan/giving money to China. WTF? Do u think this could be true?? He also said he heard on the same show that the US has possibly could be sending $ to counties that are not really considered our enemy, but we are not close buds either. What are the odds these rumors could be true?? Anybody?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• why would it matter if it is true? us as citizens have no say in it
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Wouldn't shock me :/
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I know I know......It just sucks. The US has built uo soooo much debt, even more so after Obama became president. I jiust get so annoyed thinking of our recent severe storms almost wiping a few towns off the maP, other citizens need to build either an ark, or build a house boat, or simply having to leave their homes. Or other states are getting out the s'mores and having a sing along around the very huge camp fire!! Where is the counties that we helped out??
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Actually we've borrowed a ton of money from china so if we are giving them any its part of the pay back process
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Where China is concerned, we'd be paying back what we borrowed. As for other countries, we've been sending billions to other countries (it's called foreign aide) for decades.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• True, true , true to all!!
    That is why there will be unrest, because as people wake up they will be very angry to see where our money has been going, and not a damn thing is being done for us here!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yeah, let's send aid to everyone but Americans. How effed up is that?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

>>>
    Japan, Cuba, Australia, Venezuela offered. A great many countries have come to our aid over the last 10 years
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I saw something like this on Fox news. They were saying we are sending millions to one of the countries in S.A. (I can't remember which one) and they owe us $20 million. The point was, why don't we stop sending them aid, and that money we weren't sending could be applied to the money owed us.

Same thing with China.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Ya know its called foreign aid, but it sucks cause our county is bordering on another recession, food supply may get a little more difficult cause of the droughts, the fires, the floods, the tornados ect. Sorry I know I bitching about something that none of us can control and it stinks.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011