My baby is cutting about 3 teeth at once! What can I do?

He is VERY irritable, and it seems were back to the days of him being a newborn(crying all night). Dont wanna use orajel and he wont suck a frozen washcloth. What can i do???

TristansMommie

Asked by TristansMommie at 9:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give him some tylenol or motrin.. it always helped my kids..
    ceciliebw

Answer by ceciliebw at 9:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I use Hyland's Teething Tablets. They are homeopathic so they are completely safe, they don't have a nasty taste and they dissolve instantly. I don't use orajel I think it's gross and so does my son. You can get the teething tablets at walmart next to the children's vitamins. You can also get a fresh fruit feeder at walmart, you can freeze fresh fruit and put it inside, it will soothe his gums and taste good so he might like it better than the washcloth. Oh and if you want to try again with the washcloth try soaking it in juice before freezing, it might taste better. Hope this helps! Good luck hun! 
    VinnysMomma10

Answer by VinnysMomma10 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Tylenol or Motrin. Orajel just make their gums tougher and harder for the teeth to cut through. (AT least that's what our DR. said)
    mommy3210

Answer by mommy3210 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I agree with Tylenol. Visit your local pharmacy and see what he/she suggests.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 12:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My toddler likes semi frozen grapes.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• We used to give our kids otter pops popsicles. That way the cold can help with some of the pain, and make sure you keep some tylenol handy... I hope your little one feels better soon.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• you can also try frozen waffles there not so messy or bitter bisctuts my dd loved them
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 6:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• i give my daughter tylonel and we rubbed alcohol on her gums when her 2 bottems where comeing in...my grandmother said to so we did and her dr. said as long as it was a tiny bit like stick your finger in the bottle and wet the tip she would be fine
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 3:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Teething tabs are great and so is tylonal. Also get a net that hold food and put an ice cube in it ;) Hayden hates oral Gel.I cant even get near her with it..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2008