Anybody know if I can leave my bellybutton and tounge ring in buring labor as long as they are all plastic and n0 metal? or do all peircings have to come out?

airbrat

Asked by airbrat at 3:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Probably depends on the hospital, so I'd ask the hospital you plan to go to. In one hospital, no mention was made of my jewelry or contacts, so I wore earrings & contacts during my c-section (b/c I didn't think about them). The hospital I had my next children at, recommended removal of jewelry & expected patients to remove contacts (by then I'd switched to glasses, so that was no big deal). I wore my (metal) earrings & glasses while baby was born each time at that hospital. Good luck!
    SleuthMaria

Answer by SleuthMaria at 4:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i think it would depend on the hospital but i would check with your doctor and if he doesnt have the answer just call the hospital that you will be giving birth at
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i wouldnt really see how a tounge ring would matter they usually are focued dwn there..i had to take my belly ring out not bc the doc or hosp said i had to but i knw im goin to get too big to keep it in even with the rubber ones i fig it would b better if i just took it out ...and if for watever reason you have to do a c-section you wont have to worry about your belly ring id just take that one out to be honest..nd it wouldnt hurt to ask either good luck!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2011