PAINFUL contractions keep coming and going, what's going on?

I'd been losing my mucus plug for a couple weeks then Friday I started having regular contractions, followed by losing the rest of my mucus plug. We went into hospital when the contractions hit 5 mins apart but I wasn't dilated so they sent me home. The next day, Saturday, I had my bloody show in the AM. We went into hospital around 8pm. Very strong regular contractions about 3 mins apart but I was only dilated 1 cm so again I was sent home. Sunday was my due date and I had a few contractions but nothing too major but Monday when I was a day past due around 6 pm I started to have regular contractions that built up all night getting stronger and more painful to the point where someone had to remind me to breathe. It is now Tuesday morning and I've had contractions 5-6 mins apart since 8 Monday night. They are unbearable. I want to go to the hospital again but we live so far away, plus I have a OB appt in 6 hours.

katrina.0822

Asked by katrina.0822 at 6:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would say try to change your apt to a little earlier. Sounds like you are in labor and it can progress slowly or quickly from here on out. I like being at the hospital just in case I am ready to start pushing:) Good luck! Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I would head in. Call your OB and give him or her a heads up.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• thats weird that they send you home again because i know where i live if your having contractions that they see on the monitor even if your not dilated too much they will keep you and give you petocin. id call your doctor at least and ask him what to do
    missa321

Answer by missa321 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2011