Is it normal to have a very high sex drive at 5 weeks postpartum? adult content

most women say theirs doesnt return for quite some time but the last few days its been very hard to not do anything! (i want to wait until my 6 weeks check up to get the go ahead) but is this normal? and does postpartum sex really hurt as bad as everyone says it does?

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes it can be pretty painful, good that you are waiting for the go ahead. it may be the allure of of the
    "forbidden" that has you so hot and bothered. have you tried just " foolin around" and seeing if that helps?
    amy585

Answer by amy585 at 7:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No, it is not unusual. Wait only one more week. I do not remember it being painful at all.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• well i also had an episiotomy so i worry about that too! i hope its enjoyable. i was on bedrest like my whole pregnancy so its been near a year of no sex!
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 7:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I don't remember anything hurting post partum. Good idea to wait for the go ahead especially after an episiotomy. I agree with amy585 and especially if its been a year! You're creeping up on the point when you can finally have sex again, you're excited, and that's a good thing!
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• ??? it hurt a lot for me and I had a c-section... go figure
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• About 2 weeks after I had my daughter I couldnt wait to jump my husband. It was like that all the way up until my 6 week check up. As soon as the doctor said I was healed and good to go we went home and as soon as baby was asleep we had sex. It was like that for awhile. I dont remember it hurting at all. I suggest that when you do finally get to have sex and it feels painful to tell your man and take it slow so you dont hurt yourself or cause yourself more pain.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think its normal. It is for me. With my first baby, we only waited for 5 weeks, I had a stitches too and all was well it didnt hurt. With baby no. 2 we waited a whopping 1wk 6days. lol. It didnt hurt at all, but I didnt get an episiotomy, I just tore a little and had 1 internal stitch. And we've been going at it like crazy every chance we get ever since. My baby is now 9 weeks.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011