GO FL!

THANKFULLY ONE STATE IS MAKING DRUG TEST FOR WELFARE!!! HOPEFULLY MY STATE FOLLOWS! NOW WE HAVE TO GET THEM FOR SSI TOO AND THAT WOULD BE GREAT!~ GETTTING ALL THE SYSTEM ABUSERS OFF THEIR ASS'..
HOW DO YOU FEEL?!

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Drug testing is a requirement for my job and my DH's. It only seems fair if I have to pass one then someone getting assistance should have to pass it too.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Seems as if the red tape on this would be insurmountable. Take me for instance, if you saw my room you would think I was a drugie. I am on thyroid meds, B-12 injections, an anti-depressant, zantac for heart burn, and I am on a pain contract with my doctor for percocet for a torn shoulder that my ins company refuses to pay to have fixed. I still manage to work 40 + hrs a week and raise 5 children. If I were on assistance, the amount of paper work on me alone to explain every drug in my system would be ridiculous. So, unless they limit that test to crack, pot etc, average street drugs, herion, then I don't see how they can implement this program. I will say however, I don't thing the idea is a bad one, I think if you have money for weed, you need to rethink your financial priorities when looking for a free meal.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Get tested for what exactly?
    What drugs? A person taking antidepressants can come up with positive results but that doesn't make him/her drug addict. I'm not defending drug addicts but it would interest to see how much resources are spent trying to prove someone as drug addict.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• The assistance is usually meant to help the children. How are we going to help and protect the children?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think it is just for street drugs?
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 7:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Not all PA abusers are on drugs you know. Most are people who know how to beat the system that's all.

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2011