How many of you get less shower time since becoming a mom

or
is it just me

do i need to put on my to so list to get just a regular shower

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Shower?????
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I can only take a nice long, 10 minute shower, when daddy is home or after they have gone to bed. That is my wind down, happy time.
    onix

Answer by onix at 5:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No I still get a normal shower. But Ds is 4 now. Even when he was a baby though I had no problem. I would either shower while he was asleep or just let him cry for a while. It's not like I take a half hour shower, so it was no big deal for him to cry for 10 minutes while I showered. But I rarely had to let him sit and cry.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• tootoo, let me translate for you

remember back before having children.... a shower is when you turn on the water in the bath (not the sink water, but the water that comes into the large sink like bin - this is called a tub or shower...soap is used, like when you wash your hands, but a shower is when you soap your whole body...and have the water wash it all off, soap in liquid form is used for your hair on your head - this is called shampoo...there is another bonus step...this is called shaving (you may have seen your husband do this on his face) we women do this on our legs and arm pits...this you may need to hire a sitter for, as it takes more than a minute and having a child attempt to come into the tub while you use a razor is not recommoned

if you can not remember still - going to a hypmotist maybe in order to recall these deep long ago memories
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes. I used to be able to take a 30 minutes shower if I wanted to, but now I either have to wait till the kiddos are in bed or I have to jump in and do a quick scrub and get out, no time for shaving my legs when I do that. I usually stick to the showers at night.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think at first it is normal to not get that time you are used to. Yes it has to be on the list lol. My shower time when the kids were small were when they went to bed. It was nice actually to get a nice long hot shower knowing dad was home in case one of them woke up and then I could get out feeling relaxed.
    Now mine are all in school. I get them all off to school and usually do my showers when I feel like it before they get home from school. It is usually around 11-12 or so. With summer coming Ill be going back to night time baths.

Answer by gemgem at 9:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• When my girls were young, it was hard finding time for a shower.  Now that my girls are teenagers, it is hard finding bathroom availability with the added bonus of still having hot water left.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My shower lengths haven't changed, but actually finding the time or energy to shave is a whole other issue. Lately my DD has been showering with me and I don't feel comfortable bringing out the razor. BTW I loved the explanation of what a shower actually is. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Mine are still the same.. But I only take about a 10 min shower just because I'm always rushing
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011