What's the difference between organic eggs and store eggs?

want to know if organic is better and why when it comes to eggs.

Tired-Mom

Asked by Tired-Mom at 1:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I am fairly certain the quality has a lot to do with what the chickens eat. Chickens in large factories are not as healthy as farm raised ones. I buy organic when I am just cooking eggs, but use store bought for baking. There is a difference in taste.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• farm raised chickens are not fed hormones and forced to gorge themselves ect. the only problem we have is that my sister gives her chickens all of their kitchen scraps and if they have had a lot of garlic and onions their eggs will take on that flavor. Which is awesome unless you are wanting to do any baking.. :( They are much better for you....It's always nice to know where your food comes from and what is really happening to the animals and farm land...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I found this on an organic food website:

What makes an egg Organic ?
    Organic eggs are produced by cage-free hens that are fed a diet that is all-natural, 100% USDA - certified organic, vegetarian diet. Grain used in organic feed must be produced on land that is free from the use of toxic chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You can get organic eggs at the grocery store. Especially small local store. The difference between organic and what you call "store" eggs is in how they are raised. Many organic chickens are range feed and eat bugs and greens. Their yolk will be much prettier (bright orange). Also, organic eggs have other rules. See answer above me.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 10:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008