How is your garden looking, what is done, what is still on your to do list

veggies not in yet, been chilly until this week - behide on this
flowers that come up every year - those beds are looking pretty good

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• All ours are in- corn, squash, zucchini, radishes, tomatoes, 3 kinds of beans, cantaloupes, watermelon, garlic, onions, and a few other things. We've had ours going for a good while now.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Mine is in going strong
    Jennhv

Answer by Jennhv at 7:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It's looking very nice, we have to water every other day corn is about 4 feet tall and squash is coming in about a week tomatoes started last week and beans started coming in this week. Peppers should be ready next week we have picked blueberries raspberries and other berries already and my new citrus trees have tiny lemons and limes about marble size. Looking good so far.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Ours is doing good so far this year. Just had our first batch of squash on Monday (Yumm). We should get some cucumbers and greenbeans this weekend, and the tomatoes are just about right for fried green tomatoes. Don't know if the oakra will turn out, the rabbits got to it early on, but the corn is about waist high now. Peppers, watermelon, and peas have yet to produce.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• We have strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, and sunflowers in our garden this year. Everything looks beautiful. We did have rubarb out there, but we were already able to pick and can juice with it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Everything seems to be coming along nicely. DH is obsessive about getting everything in about a month early - the amount of wall-o-waters that we own borders on obscene, but they work. Our peas are tall and full of flowers, and everything but the green beans are doing nicely. Hoping to add a second layer of potatoes on Thurs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Mine should be fully in and fine by the weekend. My car broke down and I need more top soil to finish up putting some of the seedlings in. I also ran out of new bricks to put around my new flower bed. I plan on going this evening to get both and some groceries. Once I have that I should be done. It should not take more than oh maybe an hour of the seedling planting, and the worst of it will be laying new bricks for the flower bed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Mine is struggling, just replanted a few things, my cucumbers & beans haven't come up. I've got a lot of tomato, red pepper, green pepper, and jalapeno pepper plants doing good. 1 squash plant came up, still waiting on the rest of my squash & zucchini to come up. My chives, basil, & parsley are going strong. We've already harvested some asparagus, that's growing great. My Raspberries & Blackberries are doing well. I'm up north though, so it hasn't been warm here very long yet.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• We're having 100 deg temperatures down here already in June and it's really taking it's toll on what was my beautiful, thriving vegetable garden just 2 weeks ago.
    I'm really disappointed. No matter that I give my garden a nice drink everyday....the overall heat/sun throughout the day is too much for my cucumbers, green beans, squash ...the pepper & tomato plants are hanging in there so far.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:22 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It's all coming up very nicely but we have only had it all in since mid to late May. Everything that should bloom as far as flowers has and are now dying back and other things are going strong.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2011