A misstake you made, and what you learned from it (life lesson to share with us)

i finally have learned that you can not expect anyone to change
can only change your own response to that person

when someone shows you who they are = believe them

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• blowing kisses

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have learned from my psychologist that same point- you can't control another's actions, but you can control your reactions to people and situations. It's not always easy, but it's best not to get sucked into drama situations. In addition, after a mental/emotional breakdown and almost suicide, life is precious and worth living for my adult children and my 2 small grandchildren.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• after splitting with my ex, I learned that no matter how much you fear you can't live without someone, you can. I thought that he played the key role in my happiness, spent years trying to fix us, but it was barely a month after I stopped seeing him that I realized how much happier I was without him. That without him like was actually FUN.

So unless someone worships you for the goddess you are, they are not worth your time. :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I agree with you OP.

I have learned that you should never settle. NEVER. You have one life to live and you build a miserable life for yourself if you settle.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 8:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I've learned form my recently ended marrige that if you know it's not going to work in the begining then it is not going to work. it is not worth wasteing 5years of your life trying to prove yourself wrong. jus bite the bullet and end it, because he wont change, and neither will you.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 11:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Not to wear my heart on my sleave. Not to trust anyone until they earn it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Tell people how to feel about them. I was in love with a great guy but in a bad situation at that time (an abusive relationship) and this guy really tried to help me and loved me. I never told him I loved him and ended up losing him in the end. My biggest regret is not telling him how I really felt. Whether it would have worked out or not I should have said something and also apologized to him for the stupid things I did I am sure he never could understand why I did them.

Answer by gemgem at 8:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I learned allot from my first marriage, and aside from my two oldest children, that marriage was the biggest mistake and greatest life lesson I've ever had. From it I learned independence, assertiveness, and determination.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• That sometimes we plan one set of goals for our life and then they change and that is ok.

That no one really cares about what you say or do unless it's drama. No drama no friends. Which is why it is just me, the hubs and the baby. There is no drama here.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 8:33 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My lesson is: Look out for number one.

I learned this in my early 20's, when I didn't look out for number one and got pwned in a major way, screwed up my schooling and set myself back ten years in terms of getting on with life.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2011