biofreeze for these darn hip pains?

have u used it or are u against it... (i want to try it to see if it works wonders or not)

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 1:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I used it while pregnant, thought it worked just as well as bengay/iceyhot only it's WAY more expensive. I got a bunch of biofreeze samples from my moms work though, so I used what I had. LOL
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• from their site:

"We do not recommend the use of Biofreeze for pregnant or nursing women because the product has never been tested. However, because it is a topical and does not enter the bloodstream, we suggest patients check with their Health Care Professional."
    Anonymous

• cont...

it's active ingrediets are menthol and camphor

menthol is fine, but it's the camphor that is absorbed through the skin and is unsafe. every site on camphor says DO NOT use while pregnant. but like biofreeze said, it hasn't exactly been tested itself.
    Anonymous

• I just use an ice pack. I have sacroilliac joint dysfunction and still get some soreness in between my chiropractor appoinments. They recommended using an ice pack for 20 minutes on the affected area 1-3 times a day. It's worked wonders for me and I don't have to worry about any side effects.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008