My son is 11 months and is starting to scream when he sees his nighttime bottle. He is only getting bottles twice a day now and needs the bottle but he just sees it and starts sreaming. We have tried giving it to him in a sippy cup but that did not work. Any ideas?

dylansmom128

Asked by dylansmom128 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why does he NEED the bottle? When you give him the sippy do you try to feed him or do you just give it to him and have him feed himself? My daughter loved when we stopped formula and bottles at 11 months and switched to milk in a sippy.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• make the bottle more appealing, buy one with pretty pics on it.... i dunno...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Perhaps he is associating the bottle with bed time and doesnt want to go.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I agree with salexander - if he gets the bottle only at bedtime or naptime then he knows that's what's coming up next. Smart little guy isn't he? There's not much you can do. Even if you eliminate the bottle, he'll pick up on other "it's bedtime" cues and will scream about them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Dont give him bottles anymore buy him sippie cups with cartoons he likes like example diego or elmo! u cant just give him something to drink twice a day he needs more to drink my daughter is always thirsty im sure he is to!And if he crys with the sippie cup to then just let him cry it out!
    Juliannamommie

Answer by Juliannamommie at 3:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Why is he only getting a bottle twice a day? is he getting any other fluids through out the day? Thats my biggest concern here.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 4:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008