CHRISTIANS: What is the reason? I honestly want to know!

I simply don't understand why there are "Christians" on here posting questions and answers of a judgmental, super holy nature that post it anonymously?! If you REALLY believe as you say you do, why are you embarrassed? Why are you afraid of being criticized? God and Jesus commanded that we not be bashful of our faith? So why are you posting anonymously? Please help me understand, because I don't think I am the only one that finds very little credibility to your faith when you can't do it without the Anon button.....

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Babylove76 - good question. The anon button has a purpose, but mostly believe it is missused as a way to be rude to others.
    And sis.jackson: last I looked this was a religion and beliefs answers section - not a christians only section. If you only want to talk to your "sisters", then maybe you should consider starting your own group? And just because others do not believe the same as you do not make them infidels. It just makes them different from you. And doesnt the bible teach respect and tolerance of others?
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think a lot of women will use the anonymous button whenever they post anything that may come across as controversial. All you have to do is head over to the Journals section to see all the drama, name calling, bashing, and down right hatred comes when anyone posts pro- or anti-religious comments/questions.

No one likes to be mistreated because of their faith. Would you rather that they say nothing?
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have been pondering this too, I was raised Christian, somewhat call myself that now. But I have come to realize that Christians today (for the most part) are the most hateful bunch of people on the planet. God said to love...and I see very few "Christians" doing that, what I do see them doing is yelling "you are going to hell" alot. I don't ever remember reading in the Bible that God sent them out to say that. I'll be watching this to see other answers and viewpoints.

RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yes purvislets - if they can't be nice they should say nothing IMO.
    Anonymous

• Why do you want to know so bad who is posting? I normally do not post anon. but this time I choose because I do not want to draw certain people out. I just want to talk with the Saints of GOd that it. I do not want to tempt myself to get angry and start cutting people with the Word. I just want to talk to my fellow Sisters and see what is on their mind in this day as Christian Mothers. If you want to know my name my name is Judy Jackson. My screen name sis jackson
    does that make you feel any better?
    Anonymous

• This is not to make me feel better, this is about whether or not posters are in fact not open about sharing their faith as they are saying they are. I am a Christian. I was raised in church, asked Jesus to save me from my sins, which are many, and I believe He died to do just that. I have struggled in my younger years to not be embarrassed by being a Christian and now, I don't feel I am but when a poster comes on Anon and asks if we are "increasing our soul winnings", "children's purpose in God's kingdom" etc I want to know that this is not a hoax, blasphemous, or cult. I want to be encouraged in my own faith to believe, ok, this mom had the courage to speak up but then didn't because she's embarrassed by her own beliefs.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If you have read any of my post you would know I am far from being embarrassed. The last few questions I posted were for a specific group of people. (Those that were on same page as me spiritually) They were just some people I did not want to talk to. I didn't want to get distracted from my purpose through meaningless debate.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 2:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I do not post anon. I am not ashamed of the Gospel (Good News). When I respond I respond with scriptures. I try to answer in a Christ like way... with love and respect. If a question is asking if something is a sin... I will say it is a sin and use the bible to back the answer. If it asks if a certain belief is wrong.. again.. I will answer and use th bible to back the answer. Sometimes calling something a sin or something wrong we as Christians are called intolerant, hateful, judgemental etc. Am I okay with this? Yes. And I will continue to post the truth in God's word. But the bible also says... as a Christian we would be hated for Christ's sake. Jesus said they would hate us because they hated Him first. I will continue to post without shame the truth from the bible with love and respect.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• cont. The only time I may be a little more impassioned and agressive is when I see other Christians posting things that are untrue or false and not backed biblically or when they are not acting in a Christ like way and are calling others names or bashing non-believers. This is something that Jesus did not do. When He did become angry it was at the religious people because they were being hypocrites and the way they were treating the temple. I choose to follow His example.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• And again, I will say I am not ashamed. Far from it. I had a certain group I wanted to talk to.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 2:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008