MY SIX YEAR OLD WONT SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!

Thank you so much for all the answers I got from my question "how do I get my 6 year old to sleep through the night?" I think sometimes it's nightmares and other times it's just because it's become a habit for her to come into our room. She is in full day Kindergarten and needs her sleep. We have tried everything from nightlights, prayers, stories you name it... Help we are so tired every day and My fiance works for the power company and is fixing high voltage wires all day long we need our sleep!

happyathomemum

Asked by happyathomemum at 1:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My oldest is 8 and I don't think he's ever slept through a night in his life. I have to laugh at all the moms on here with babies asking "when will they sleep through the night?" when my answer has to be "maybe never". It's now very rare that he wakes others while he is up during the night, he goes the bathroom, gets his own drink, and settles himself back down. I think that just helping them learn to deal with their night time needs without waking others is more realistic than somehow getting them to sleep straight through the night.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008