Spermacide? Anyone ever use it? Did it work for you?

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 8:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Meet baby Ashlynn, lol I am currently pregnant with her because my spermacide decided it was just to lazy to work :) nope didn't work for me.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• To-too*
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Ah ha ha(sorry) that is what I am afraid of.
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Spermacide alone will not work. You need to combine it w/ a condom. That will also save your s/o from some burning! I used it a long time ago, & my boys' father said it burned!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It says that if it burns then you are allergic to it and to discontinue use. Spermacide is suppose to create a barrier to stop sperm from getting to the egg. If you are going to use a condom then you wouldn't really have to use spermacide right?
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I used it for a couple of years with no problem and no babies. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Which spermacide do you have? The one I had bought looked like a small egg type deal and you stuck it in waited so many minutes and then enjoyed, lol. Even though she was unexpected we are very excited to have our 3rd baby girl :) but...I wouldn't use it again to try and prevent pregnancy, that's for sure LOL
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I didn't think to mention what type I was using. I had tried the little egg pill thing amber1330 mentioned and hated it. Then there was this foam that you filled into a dispenser yourself and inserted somewhat like a tampon. I liked the foam but the whole dispensing method was a pain. What I ended up using regularly was like a gel that came in a prefilled applicator, you inserted it like a tampon. IMO it was the easiest.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have the egg thing like amber1330...maybe I should think about switching,lol.
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2011