So how would CM determine that a user is a man? adult content

I see people complaining about the idea of men on here, wanted them kicked off.
Just how would such a thing really happen? I've been accused on being a man more than once and I assure you that I was born totally female and I still am. I may often have a viewpoint that many woman don't like, but that doesn't make me a man.

I've checked the policies and I don't see anything stating that there's a rule against men exactly.

If someone wanted a man kicked off of here, just for being a man, how in the world would they prove that the user is actually male? it's not like a on line physical could be ordered!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I don't think there's a way for CM to determine the gender of a user. Personally, I'd welcome men here...we can learn a thing or two ourselves I'm sure. Maybe they should create a CafeDad.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• good point. . personally IDC if a guy is on here as long as he isn't trolling. . . but that is just me. . . I figure there are many guys out there that are single dads and need advice from Mom's like us. . . who are we to deny them out expertise. . . ya know.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 8:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• pee in the usb drive?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I don't know how they prove it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Maybe screen for the words "boobies" "3-ways" and "football"...

Jk. Who cares if men come onto the site. I'm sure they could use parenting advice and support just as much as the moms on here.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• There's no way for them to know the gender of anyone on here. You are not required to "prove" your gender to be here.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• There's really nothing that anyone can do about it. There's no way to prove it. If a man is posting on here what's the big deal.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• as for peanutsmommy1- LOL!

I agree with you Kris. If someone is on here and is harassing people that's one thing, it shouldn't matter if they are a man or a woman.
    The idea of singling a user out to try and kick them off just because you don't like them for some reason is wrong in my book.
    no one knows who someone truly is on line, that's been the situation since on line chatting started.
    that's nothing new.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have 2 older brothers, so I too can tend to share a man's point of view and can see your point. And what about trans-gender moms???

I am not sure I would like to see the site completely opened though...I do believe there is quite enough drama without going totally co-ed.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 9:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• 'And what about trans-gender moms'
    I've thought the same thing. The term 'mom' is not a cut and dry term.

I just like the site and value the opinions I get from it. I personally don't really care who is behind the screen name most of the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011