Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Am I wrong?

I have been feeling this way for over a yr actually ever since my youngest daughter was born over 2 yrs ago. My life has been slowly coming unglued ever since. Dont get me wrong I LOVE my babies but I am not ok right now which in turn is not ok for them. I want a better life for them. I want to go back to who I was 3-4 yrs ago. I have always been a strong person and done anything for anyone that asks. But I cant do it anymore. I cant put up this act anymore and it is making me a very angry person and so that is making my friends and family very upset with me and they in turn yell at me and call me names (which dont help). Bottom line is it wrong if I go talk to someone like a counsler or something or is that goin to make it seem like there IS something wrong with me like everyone says?

Answer Question

Asked by edgpag at 8:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Health

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • there is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself. . .and if talking to someone like a counselor helps then all the better. Be honest with them and yourself. If you are feeling down it is always good to talk to someone and get it all off your chest. JMHO. GL

    Answer by Kirs at 8:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

  • A good counselor/therapist will not judge you. What they will do is help you use a variety of tools to help you put yourself back together (for lack of a better term) so you can be where you want to be. I'm sure many of the issues will be looked at and you will work through them. You are still that strong person!!!

    Answer by techgirl3 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

  • If you feel you need to talk to someone talk...your friends and family may not be supportive, because they may be part of your problem and they don't want a 3rd party telling you that. No one is perfect and a counselor isn't going to "fix" you, but they will help you to better understand you, and don't you deserve that??? I think you do!

    Answer by sipn_mom at 9:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

  • Thank you everyone :)

    Comment by edgpag (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

  • A good councilor/therapist will help you put your life into a better perspective where you can feel better about how your life is as well as make changes to make it better.

    Answer by JSD24 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.