Has anyone or do u know anyone who have had a baby after their uterus ruptured?

Just curious. My uterus ruptured when I had my 2 yr old. We are blessed to be here. They told me I shouldn't get pregnant any more bc its a high chance that me or the baby or both won't make it. I want another baby sooo bad..a little girl but i know its a no go and my husband isn't feeling that idea either lol

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 9:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Health

• I would think you would want to know exactly the extent of the rupture. I had an opening in my privious c-section scar and was told no more attempting VBAC if I got pregnant again. I didn't want another. 3 was enough. A really serious rupture leads to hysterectomy. So how serious could yours have been if they didn't have to do that? If I were you I would contact ICAN. Find a VBAC friendly doctor and ask him/her to review your medical records. If they did a good job of sewing you back up with a double layer of stitches you might be able to risk it. It would almost certainly mean a c-section. Or the doctor might suggest that it would be unwise. They might have been in such a frenzie to stop the bleeding and get you off the table that they didn't spend the time to sew you back up correctly. I have no way of knowing from here.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Perfect answer by LoveMyDog.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2011