Period 4 days late, Negative HPT's and Negative Blood Test...what could be going on?

1st pregnancy everything was great and found out I was pregnant right at 4 weeks. This time I am 4 days late and have been taking HPT's every few days and went to the doctor at 2 days late and the blood test was negative. I have heard that you can ovulate later than you think, even right before your period which can make the blood test show up negative, has that ever happened to anyone? Or has anyone ever had negative tests up to 1 week late and still been pregnant? Thanks everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A blood test will show up 6-10 days after ovulation. So if you are a week late, and pg the test most likely would have shown. Most likely you just had anovulatory cycle.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• But I have always been regular and nothing has changed with me so I wouldn't understand that. Plus, I have heard that some people's ovulation can change and could be right before your expected period. Which could have left me ovulating last week, not even 5 days ago? So maybe that is why?
    Anonymous

• hello, I am in the same boat as you- I am 7 days late and test are showing negative- have you done blood test- I am going this evening just to be sure- my boobs are killing me and I am very crampy and have lower back pains- however- my friend at work told me she ovulated alot later then she calculated so she conceived one week after she calculated and all her test including blood were negative- her second week with missed period she got BFP on everything- based on her ultrasound she was about 4 1/2 weeks and she thought she was closer to 6 weeks- Good luck
    cdonovan612

Answer by cdonovan612 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• soory your question does say you took blood test- wait one more week and test again
    cdonovan612

Answer by cdonovan612 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• cd - Thank you so much for your responses. They will extremely encouraging! I will do that, wait a week and test again. I am having all of the same signs also, and really think I may have ovulated later than I thought. I wish you the best of luck with your blood test this evening! Would love to know the outcome! All the best to you!
    Anonymous

• Woops, I meant your response was extremely encouraging!
    Anonymous

• Just so you know. my preg test came up negative on Christmas, but positive on New years day and i definetly was late on Christmas!! 9I cant remember how long - it was 10 yers ago!!!!!)
    yordi

Answer by yordi at 6:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008