Anyone know a Navy Reserve Seabee?

My husband is thinking about doing this. He was in the army a few years ago but was honorably discharged because his daughter's mother was killed in a car accident so he was the only living parent. From what I read this sounds like a really good opportunity for him and it is something that he is interested in. It says he would only be gone 2 days/month and 2 weeks/year but I want to know the chances of him being deployed? Anyone have any info on this? He submitted his info and he is waiting for a Navy recruiter to call him, but in the meantime I am really curious.

sassyhettel

Asked by sassyhettel at 2:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• I knew one when I worked FT in St. Louis. He was a great guy, and he loved being a SeaBee. He did a presentation to our company about it, and it looked interesting and he felt very fullfilled by the work and the opportunities. I do know that his wife missed him when he was in Iraq, but what wife doesn't miss their husband?

Good luck to you.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My nephew just got out of the Navy. he was a Seabee for 5 years. spent most of that time in Afghanistan, Iraq and Korea. Imaging building jails in 118 degree heat in full combat gear??? don't believe the recruiters...they have a job to do...ask around and be very sure.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008