Would you get upset (dh upset over anniversary present)

First off let me say I am never upset when I get a gift unless its totally useless, ugly or something someone knows I dont want at all. I am always happy to get something I figure our family or I can use.
My bday , dhs bday and our anniversary is all within 3 days of each other. We did this on purpose. Looking back probably a dumb idea since haha we dont get but one gift for all 3 but Im a grown up so who cares right? My mom and dad sent us cash. Always a good gift. His mom and dad bought us a weather radio for the house. Now I thought this was a fine gift. My mom and dad was well off so obviously their gifts are always a little "more", his mom and dad are more like us pay check to pay check.

DH got mad. He said that gift was not really for us. That it was for the family, more for our dd who is scared of storms. I had not even thought about it that way. We get tornadoes, we dont have a weather radio, I thought it was fine and appropriate. Anyway would you be upset over the gift? Or is he over reacting like I told him?

Asked by gemgem at 9:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• He is overreacting. A weather radio is a great gift that everyone can use (even if your DD gets scared of storms). He needs to suck it up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I would be fine with the gift! I think your dh had other expectations though and that is why he is disappointed and angry. I would ask him what is it that he expected as a gift? (Not in a harsh way, my words seem more harsh now that I'm writing them!)
    techgirl3

Answer by techgirl3 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• he may feel that way for many reasons.
    If he's anything like my DH, He'll probably forget about it in a while anyway.

I think it's a good gift, particularly if you don't have one already.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Thats what I said. I was like I think its pretty cool lol. I told him what did you want? A bucket of roses?

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Jun. 7, 2011