What are you getting your father or husband for Father's Day?

Yes, I do need ideas for my husband.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Holidays

• The same thing he gave me........ Nothing
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm getting my DH something 'hobby' related. He likes to do fretwork, with a scroll saw. I got him a book with 200 patterns in it. That's one of those gifts that didn't cost much but will be worth it's weight in gold to him.
    Also probably, some new cologne (designer) and a cool T-shirt. He loves novelty type Tees.
    My FIL ...Hmm...I am still thinking about what to do for my dad and my FIL. Again, something hobby related most likely.
    For Mother's Day we gave oversized coffee mugs that said "I'm an Awesome Grandmother". and a Book of Psalms for Women and the new Taste of Home Cookbook. (just putting out ideas here) Maybe could do something similar for the menfolk, coffee mug, hobby item and some other tidbit they would like to have.
    Hope that helps.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• for my Hubby we ( me and our boys ) are taking him out to eat at his fav place and yes he already knows that part of it but not the rest heck I'm not even 100% sure what the rest will be lol But it will be something he loves..
    As for my dad probably just a few shirts and something from the kids hes not big on making things into a big thing
    And For my hubby's dad I have no idea I will leave that up to my hubby and our boys
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I got a groupon in my email for a paintball place near us. $15 for all day play, equipment rental and 200 paintballs. I'm thinking I'll buy 4 so he can take some friends. He's never been but I know he really wants to.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Oh.. that was for DF. I'll probably just get my dad a card. I didn't get my step-mom anything but a card and same for their b-days (both were last month.) Gotta keep it even! lol
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm going to ask him what he wants to do, I already bought him a t-shirt, and I want to get him a new grill, but that will have to wait, I think. Probably cook him dinner and make him a cake and let DS pick him out a gift.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• the same thing he got me for Mother's Day---NOTHING
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Wow guys I am sorry that he didnt get you anything. Maybe if you got him something it would encourage him to do better. You knwo Model the behavior that you desire.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i have been modeling the behavior i have been wanting. its gottin me nothing but two thngs a baby and a very crappy marriage. sorry for being naitive.
    Liveatmo

Answer by Liveatmo at 12:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I asked my husband what he would like and he told me nothing; I may try and get some ideas from my boys but nothing spectacular planned; just use your imagination and do something he enjoys; like maybe free car washes(from the kids) for a month; or a day just to lounge around and do nothing; or go to his favorite place to eat;
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011