It was funny at first, but now I'm pissed!

A mutual friend of dh and I asked me about the movie Thor. I told him about it and blah blah all that and he said "I'd like to be ripped like that guy" and i said "I"d like to be ripped BY that guy" "lol nah he has an ugly face but a nice body"
Okay so said friend tells my dh what I said. I didn't think it was a big deal, but my dh put all over facebook "kim kardashian has a slamming body" idc if he thinks that but dragging out shit all on facebook made me mad.
I thought it was over and done with until dh starts talking to the friend and another one of his friends about me. What 30 something year old man acts like this? His friends are actually co workers in their early 20s. I thought the whole situation was funy until I found out he's been talking about me to his ass hole friends.

GRR! idk what to do anymore, i'm so sick of my dh acting like a child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• most (not all) but most 30 year old men are still children
    i think he making abig deal out of it
    1) because his 20 something coworkers are feeding him
    2) he is insecure about you as a woman and that as a woman you have eyes that see beauty in the human form

men do the look at others all the time, and it is not only ok, but expected they do that = a woman does that and it is a whole other thing
    should not be that way, but it is - double standard

the more your husband is fed by co workers and ANY reaction from you=the more he will continue

maybe joke that George Burns, Charlie Chaplin, Sean Connery (or some other old and or old and dead guy is hot- he may find the humor in it all,
    OR
    tell him to get over himself and that the joke is long past getting old

can you do something "stupid female" so he can change his joke...example, ask him how to check the oil in your car-maybe he will change to joke abo
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• either get over it or ignore it. there's really nothing more childish than retaliation, and what good will that do? men are so much more conscious of their physical insecurities than women are..they are easily hurt if they think a woman does not see the beginning and ending of their sexual prowess (?) in their man's body. its quite evident men think they have it made; you don't see men scramble all over themselves to get the newest anti-aging cream, or asking which tone-up sneaker will work their butt better..woman do!
    perhaps its time to start letting the boys be boys...and when he's ready to be a man for you, you can teach him how.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• oh i don't want revenge and i don't plan on arguing with him about this, i'm just mad that he's trying to make me look stupid, that is one thing that pisses me off more than anything
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Umm yeah...your husband is acting like a child. And acting very insecure. Tell him to quit it and then ignore anything more he says about it. You were just joking around and he is really just eing hateful now. He should know he's the only man for you. but he needs to ACT like a man before he gets treated like one.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Thats kind of funny.. my was kidding around one day and said some celebrity was hott.. my boyfriend said..well I like Kim KARDASH! LOL.. I said you don't even know her name!! haha. We were just playing around though.

Sounds like yours got serious. I think maybe he was just a little insecure by your comment.. Maybe you two should talk about it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i would tell him that it just isnt funny anymore, mainly because, as far as you know, he's not in high school anymore but he sure acts like it.

and if him and his friends can't get over it then time to go sleep in the doghouse, his friends will enjoy his company more then you will. Then make a point that you will not be joking around with his loser friends anymore cause they apparently can't take a joke or know what a joke is.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• he's acting like a kid! I imagine more people realize that than you realize. I think he's making a bigger A*s of himself than making one of you.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• DH acting like a child? Sounds like your actions were a bit immature as well. Think what you want but don't say anything you don't want the world to know. You should have known it would hurt him to hear your words.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i know more about cars than he does fiatpax lol but you do have good advice, thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• You all are acting like junior high age kids.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 7, 2011