False positive?

I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago. It said positive right away. I know that night the test still read positive but I just took it out of my purse to throw away and the positive line has completely vanished. Could I not be preg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• what it says is no longer valid after so long that's why they hace a certain time frame to read them in...it is possible to get a false positive though so take another test or call your ob and make an appt.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Prenancy tests are no longer valid after 10 minutes. It works the other way as well, meaning if you get a negative result and then read it a day later there could be another line saying its positive. I agree that you should take another test and either way call your ob so they can find out for sure. When I got pregnant after my daughter I took about a million tests and they were all negative until I finally got one with a very faint posiitive. I went to the doctor, they did a test, it came back negative so they did blood work and sure enough I was prego. Unfortunately it was just an empty egg sack and thats why my tests were so screwy. I suggest seing your ob after you take a 2nd test.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011