Who should i have in the delivery room?

ok so i was jw who should be in the room with me when i go to deliver? this is my sec and its a diff dad then my 1st. my hubby will be in there with me but im wondering if i should let my mom and his mom and aunt who is comming all the way from michagin be in there too?? with my first i let babys dad my mom and his mom in the room. this is my hubbys 1st baby and he is the baby of his fam and his mom isnt in the best of shape health wise ..im pretty sure id be fine with them all there with me im jw wat everyone else thought and who your are letting in your room??

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you need to be comfortable with your decision. I wanted my mom, his mom and him in the room. I ended up having a c-section and it was just my SO.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• with both my kids it was just me and dh.....with our 1st my sister, mom, 2 sister in laws, mohter in law, father in law and grandmother in law (lol) were at the hospital in the waiting room when i was giving birth but with my 2nd noone was there lol but sh and i just wanted it to be me and him
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My mistake with my first was I allowed a couple family members to be there that wanted to be, but it made me pretty uncomfortable. The 2nd was my mom & my dh, the 3rd and 4th, just my dh. There's something really special when it's just you and your dh sharing that moment.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Agreed. You guys should discuss & decide your comfort level before the baby gets here.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I had the dad,my mom,my g-ma,my brother and sister (they stayed behind a curtain...lol) it was a really big room and my friend...of course i was in labor for 16 hrs. so when i actually gave birth it was down to just my mom and the father. If the hospital allows whoever you want then have whover you want.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I would prob. not want the aunt in the room. I m having my mom and and my husbad in the room when I deliver. I think if you are ok with his mom being there and you and her get along then its fine to let her be in the room. Don't feel obligated to let anyone in.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• yea im not sure just yet if all else fails i knw ill just have my hubby in there. we still have alot of time to talk abut it im just now 18weeks..i kinda wantd my dd in there for the birth but shes only 3 so i really dont think that would b the best idea and shes a huge mommys girl soo prob not...but really i think id be ok with hubby my mom his mom my hosp only lets 3others b in the room jst with some set rules ,like no recording it and a few pictures are ok with my dd i only wantd one and i only got one lol
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• oh i ment id have some set rules ..i made that sound like the hosp had those rules lol
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• What kind of a birth experience do you want?
    That is most relevant.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I had an epidural both times and because of it was in bed the entire time(I had heart surgery few years before and my cardiologist want me to have as soon as I got to the hospital - delivered both vaginally). Before I was in hard, active labor my husband, my parents(his parents were 8 hrs away and came down after I got home), brother and SIL all rotated through so that only 2 or 3 people were in the room at a time. When I was checked by the doctor or a nurse and when hard labor started, only DH was with me. I liked having them there. We talked about other stuff and it helped me relax and the delivery seamed to go smoother.
    Talk to your husband about your and his expectations of having others in the room. Also talk about others that may just show up and what you want them to do. That way you and your husband have come to an agreement before you get there.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 11:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2011