Parasitic twins

I was actually looking for something else on YouTube but somehow the search went in this direction. I watched several of the videos and it started me thinking. I saw videos where there was only a "part" of a twin, I guess that's what they call a parasitic twin. It made me wonder if parents go through grief when the child has surgery to remove the parasitic twin. Do they feel like they're losing a child even though the case is what it is? One I saw really struck me. It was a baby with basically a lump and 2 little feet coming from it. Everyone loves to play with their babies feet at least we do so how will the parents feel about having it (I don't know what else to call it- no offense) removed. It's one of those things that makes my world a little less important when I think of the decisions the families are faced with in these situations. Any feedback?

RentaMom

Asked by RentaMom at 9:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's easy to say we have a horrible lfe right now until u read something like this. I was just today gripeing bout my life in the grocery store to an old classmate. Now I feel it was pretty much uncalled for.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 1:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We all need to have things pop up in our life that sort of hit a "restart" button and put things in perspective.
    RentaMom

Comment by RentaMom (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2011