UGH I HATE Allergies!!!

anyone else miserable with allergies this year? I swear they are worst this year then they have been in the past

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Health

• yes! i feel your pain!! i am highly allergic to basically everything outside and as we speak the maintenace guys are mowing the grass and it's gonna kill me!! And yes for some reason they are really bad this year. Especially the pollen!! last week there was a inch of it on our back porch table.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• yes.. allergy season is here to stay... but quess what? the neti pot is a good thing to have! but ladies we have to have some antioxidants to fight back with.. Levive yourself, get some nutritional ammunition... I have severe allergy attacks and one thing I know it works. this lady introduced me to the antioxidants 4 months ago... I don't rub my eyes... it is all natural along with the multiplus everyday I can now fight back. don't continue to feel miserable girls.... inbox me @ miamoma.
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 11:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have suffered with Chronic Allergies since a small child. My immunologist explained it as my body always carrying a "low infection like symptoms". Yes, they are horrible and I feel miserable as well 90% of the time. I live in Florida, where allergies are at the absolute worst. One thing that helps me is doing the Neti Pot. It's natural and safe and cleanses out your sinus cavities. Maybe you could give ita try.
    Tamara0383

Answer by Tamara0383 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• @christmaslver68: The Neti Pot looks like a small version of a tea pot. You can get it anywhere such as Walgreens or CVS. You mix warm (not hot!) water with one packet of saline, which you find at Walgreen, etc, as well. You stir well. Then you tilt your head to one side and pour the water in one nostril. It will come out of the other. Repeat on the other side.
    Sounds weird, feels weird at first..but works and it is natural without side effects. Basically its purpose is to clean sinus cavities where pollen and allergens and mucus gets stuck and there is no way that even blowing your name can get this stuff out. It doesn’t heart at all. The warm water and saline basically clean out the passages by draining all the crap that is up there. It is soothing and when you first start, you will see all kinds of yucky stuff come out. Yes, it is gross, BUT do you want to keep that up there? I don’t.
    Tamara0383

Answer by Tamara0383 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have year round indoor and outdoor allergies and I hate them!! What is the Neti Pot and how do you get it?
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• cool thanks
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I've also heard that digestive problems and malnutrition can worsen your allergies. I am trying to be better at that. Another less known remedie is to wash your hair at night prior to going to bed. Research says that pollen and other allergens accumulate in our hair during the day. Then at night time, we bring it in our bed an we sleep in close contact with these allergens which are now spreading on our sheets and pillow cases. Washing your hair at night is supposed to clear you up from any of that. Also, drink ALOT. It will release toxins and allergens from your system.
    Tamara0383

Answer by Tamara0383 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2011