Florida will be the first to drug test for welfare.. Do you agree or disagree with this decision and why?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 9:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• First of all, why does being poor all of sudden equate with substance user? What about the costs incurred? not every employer drug tests and those that do, are attempting to protect their own businesses and customers. Workers are depended on and needed to keep companies running, and those using drugs are too much of a risk in that system. WHY would substance users affect output in the welfare system?

People want to mandate and control morality via purse strings....that rarely, if ever works-

Is the state of FL going to withhold money putting innocent children at risk?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i agree with this completely
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I live in Florida...and I agree. If they are getting welfare then it should go toward food and actual needs...not to supply their drug addiction.
    Tamara0383

Answer by Tamara0383 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• like just cash assistace or for any assistance? I live in FL. and am on FS but I don;t use drugs so it wont affect me any i absolutly agree with it...FL. is full of druggies who abuse the system so they dont have to actually work or hardly work!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I am all for this! If they are spending their money on drugs then we don't need to be supplying money for food and such.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I agree with it. If they can pay for drugs, they can pay for their families.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think it's useless to try.
    It is very easy to study for a drug test when you know it is coming. It only takes about 3 days and a few cleansers to be clean.
    Ask my SIL, the nurse, who works in Florida, after failing a surprise drug test in PA.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I agree 100%!!!! If I didn't live in the great state of Texas, I'd move to Florida, just to support this decision!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm for it! I hope all other states enact this as well.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I agree, but wonder how expensive this will end up being for Florida.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2011