Do you think it would be okay to order a fake diploma?

Okay, here's the deal. I graduated from college and I haven't received my diploma in the mail yet. I can print my unofficial transcripts from the school website, but when I apply for jobs, I don't have my diploma to give yet. If they call the University, they can confirm the legitamacy of my diploma. I think it's actually cheaper to order duplicates from a fake diploma site than it is to order one from the University. What do you think?

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 9:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If you went through all the trouble to actually receive it.. then why not wait a bit? If you order a fake.. then your employer might think you are manipulative.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Most hiring companies would accept your transcript as proof of graduating.

I'd avoid anything fake.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i would say wait unless you actually have a job offer but like you said the school can confirm it so why not tell them i haven't received the actual diploma yet?
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• If your job finds out you got a fake it will raise a red flag to your honesty. They don't need an actual diploma. They can do an educational check and a transcript will suffice. Why lie when there is an easier way and you don't have to risk losing the job if they find out?
    Tamara0383

Answer by Tamara0383 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't order a fake. If they send it to the school to confirm it, and the school says it's not one they issued, you may lose your job. Just wait it out. I know how hard that is--I've been waiting 9 weeks for mine to come.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm old and have worked all my adult life. I've got several college degrees and never have I ever been asked to provide my diploma or my degrees. It's the employer's job to verify all info on a job application.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Having a transcript is better than having a fake diploma and most employers probably understand the process of getting those out.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No get the real one. I dont understand why you dont have it? When I graduated they gave me mine and a copy of my official transcripts and it was free.

Answer by gemgem at 10:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Transcripts have all the info any employer would be looking for.
    Fake diploma are on many doctors/lawyer/politicians/counselors walls proudly displayed.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• yea, you guys are right. Well, a job asked for it and I told her I didn't have it yet and that they can just call the university. She said that was okay.
    lowencope

Comment by lowencope (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2011