Reading material for teen daughter. (christian)

I am sick of the book selections that is out there for teens. Anyone have any good reccomendations for a teen girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• Go to Christianbook.com and check out the categories.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• The Chronicles of Narnia set
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:26 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Jodi Piccult (sp?)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• What type of books is she interested in? I was an avid reader as a teen and found some great material in our church library. Two of my favorite authors were Janette Oke and June Masters Bacher - they both write historical fiction with a Christian basis and have a couple series of books. Not sure if they are too outdated for her though!
    You can google Christian bookstores in your area though - we have a great one called Sign of the Fish and the Baptist Bookstore.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• you daughter may be reading what she wants anyway. If she's anything like I was or many of my friends, she could be keeping her choice of reading material in her school locker.

You should have seen what some of the others were reading at the church retreats!
    I think that only one book got confiscated and the counselor took and and read it since she felt it was her responsibility to know what the church youth was reading.
    yeah right! ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Depends on how old she is, what she's interested in.

I particularly enjoyed 'This present darkness/This coming darkness' (peretti)... as well as 'The Oath'.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Karen Kingsberry or Terri Blackstock were always some of my favorites. I liked the books that ObbyDobbie said too, as well as Monster by Frank Peretti.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I agree with the above posters. Check out your local Christian bookstore or find one online. My husband teaches Junior High and is totally disgusted with the selection of books for teen girls at regular bookstores! We found a great selection of books to stock his classroom at the Blessings bookstore. They all have the modern, funky looking covers with the pictures of the pretty girls, but the content is not scandalous.
    You could also encourage her to read the classics, the Narnia series, Little house on the Prairie or Babysitter's club. (although if she has a high reading level some of those might be to easy)
    Good luck.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Go to a christian book store and ask.

Answer by gemgem at 10:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Here is a web page with a few teen Christian book series:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_sp?sp=101463

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2011