Brown Sputum

Hi
i came from Pakistan to USA, about 2 week ago i spil brown sputum in morning when i wake up , i m a smoker , smoke 2 cigratte a day , as well i have a stomach gas problem and high liver enzymes , please tell me some home remedy , bczz i can't afford doctor over here

zain439

Asked by zain439 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Health

• Without knowing what the problem is specifically there are no home remedies. Brown sputum is sometimes serious. It could be any number of a number of things, from just having inhaled something harmless that is still working it's way out all the way to a fatal lung disease.

I would recommend finding a way to pay for a doctor. An office visit costs about $150 without insurance and many places have free or low cost clinics. Call a doctor's office or the hospital or social services and ask if there are any places like that.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i heard brown sputum is due to acidity in stomach ,
    zain439

Comment by zain439 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm not a doctor, so I couldn't tell you if that's true or not. Are we talking about sputum as in stuff you cough up or stuff you vomit?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• In stuff as when i cough but only in morning , rest of the i spit white sputum
    zain439

Comment by zain439 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• That's what I thought. I don't know how stomach acidity would play into it, but I really think you should see a doctor unless you ahve recently had a respiratory infection and it could just be the infection clearing... and even then I wouldn't wait longer than a week.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011