So it's the end of the school year and I need ideas on what to get the kids teachers.

Their teacher's were awesome this year and I'd really like to show our appreciation to them. Money is tight so I can't go crazy. What would you suggest?
If you are a teacher what has been the best gift you've received? What would you like to receive?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Paint chaulk paint onto clay pots and then let the kids write their teacher a message why they liked them and plant a flower in there.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• we only had one gift (the homeroom teacher)..we have her a gc for a pedicure.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Im a pre-k teacher and starbucks or bookstore is always good! A card with a note is nice too!
    ilovemichael11

Answer by ilovemichael11 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i think a card made by the kid(s) with a picture of the child and teacher is enough. my mom works for an elementary school and she has boxes of random trinkets and stuff from kids (and even other staff for that matter), and while it was a nice thought, she doesnt remember where all of them came from throughout the years. but a cute card and a few nice words can go a long way and be remembered (especially if theres a picture to refresh a memory of where the nice words came from)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• We've been doing gift cards to Starbucks or Barnes and Noble.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Last year I knew she wanted an electric pencil sharpner so we gave her a gift card to staples. In the past we've done little potted plants and hand lotion with cutouts of the kids hands taped to them like they were clapping and they read, You deserve a hand!
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• we got my son's teacher a small basket and went to the dollar store and bought 4 packets of seeds, a couple books to read, a tablet for making notes, a couple pens, a couple candles and some shower gel and lotion. The most important thing was my son picked out the stuff. She really like it and sent him a Thank you note even.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2011