anyone have a britex car seat?

I am looking at convertable car seats for my 4 month old and my pedi recommended the Britax car seats. Anyone have one and like it? Thanks!

blueeyes71883

Asked by blueeyes71883 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have the Marathon. I like it. But it is HUGE and I struggle to get my kiddo in and out of it. In my other car I have an Evenflo Triumph (I think that's what it's called) and I actually like that better. It's more compact and easier to use.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We have one and its great!!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I've got the Boulevard, which I believe is even bigger than the Marathon. It still fits in my middle seat in my van *which isn't a full sized seat, more like 3/4ths the size of the back one), along side of the newborn carrier and base. They are pricey but, if you can swing it.. I'd go for it. We love ours.
    mama2Tw0

Answer by mama2Tw0 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had the marathon for my nephew. The only drawback to it was its size.. its very hard to get in and out of a car. Otherwise it had plenty of room for him to grown and lots of leg room where he could put toys and other things to play with while we were on the road.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We like ours I hope I can find another one for dd2
    unwieldingdream

Answer by unwieldingdream at 3:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have heard they are great.... but they cost a ton! If you are looking for another really nice seat with less cost the FisherPrice convertible is made by Britax but has less features. Then the Truefit is supposed to be a great seat. And we just got the Evenflo Triumph Advance... this seat had good review and the cost is right if you need to buy more than 1 for multiple cars. (Albeebaby.com is a great store!)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have one, not sure if its the marathon or boulevard (grey and black with stripe down center?) We keep it in grandma's car. My son hates it. We have an evenflow triumph in my car and he sits fine in it. The britax seems uncomfortable for him. He's constantly moving himself around in it. HOWEVER, Britax I feel is safer because of the side impact system it has.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008