How do you make friends at 29 years old?

I'm 29 now and it seems that all my close friends have just drifted away over the last few years. It's actually really sad :(. I don't have a whole lot of free time but it would be nice to get my kids together with others and also have girl time or even couple time with me and my husband.

So how are you supposed to meet new people?

All good answers! Thanks for the advice.  I am new to joining a PTA and I have a 2 year old son so what would I do with him while trying to volunteer at the PTA?

When I do go to the park I see other mothers already engaged in conversations with other moms, I feel like they're "taken"...if that makes sense?

YellowBaby

Asked by YellowBaby at 11:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Try meetup.com. I've met some of my mommy friends by joining groups on there
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• With me I meet people through my children. I was one of the first to have children, with my old friends, and we drifted apart because we were in different places. I worked when my oldest was young although I started staying home when my middle child was 3 and he started preschool. I started to talk with the moms and I have been friends with them every since. I also meet friends on the PTO. We have a great time together and the kids get along. I have been friends with these people for over 10 years and it is great. We get together as families, or couple nights and we also have girls nights as well. Sometimes the kids go with friends and Hubby and I get to go out for date night.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm 30, and I still don't really have any friends.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'll let you know when I figure it out.

We moved back to the area where my hubby grew up and he just doesn't understand that I am LONELY with no friends or family around. My son is starting kindergarten next year so I plan on joining the PTA and seeing if I make any friends that way.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It's hard but try getting involved in your childs PTA go to the oark and see if there are other Mothers there. Some people are just luckier then others finding friends. Good Luck
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I am 24yo & have had struggles over the past few years with this. Forget about meeting anyone my age though bc we simply dont see eye to eye as parents. Older mothers didnt take me seriously as a good parent so I had a lot of problems. Library, playgroup, playgrounds, etc I dont think you'll deal with the age problem like I did but just go right up & talk to someone you'll know if its a click or not. Hit the library & ask there if there are any playgroups. Childrens museums, etc. That is how I eneded up making my friends & after some time became the person in charge of the local playgroup. You can do it good luck.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I am 32 and am struggling with the same issue
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I've met two great families at our church. We get together each Wed. night and eat and play games. I love it.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011