Is it appropriate to have a shower for your third child?

There is a woman I know throwing herself a baby shower for her third child. It is the second child with the same man. All three are boys. Rude?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well is she throwing the shower just to get free stuff or is it to really gather & celebrate this new life? I think people in general are greedy & sadly sometimes will do anything for free stuff. I dont find an issue with having a babyshower for any/every child no matter what number they fall. My cousin for her third boy just had a lunch with some ladies she was close with bc she was all set with what she needed. People brought her boxes of diapers etc but she didnt ask for anything.

I simply dont like overly greedy people so if she is doing it for that reason then I'd say yeah maybe kind of rude but eh just my opinion.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Maybe she looks at it like I do. I think its a celebration for the baby. I don't look at babyshowers as only gift giving times but times to celebrate a new life one of Gods creations. What about Birthdays then? She we not throw them for our kids every year since they had one last year? Its celebrating their life :)
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 11:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Unless her last child is significantly older and she needs to replace stuff she gave away thinking she was done, I would say its not really rude, but kind of tacky to do it for yourself. If the last child is still young and she is just looking for gifts, then definitely tacky. If she is just having a party to celebrate the new life, without expectation of gifts, then I think its ok.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• A baby shower is a celebration for the baby not the mom.

No it's not rude and she will need things like diapers and wipes even for a 3rd baby.  Unless you know of any babies that come out peeing in the pot.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• The fact that she is throwing it for herself is kind of weird.. but I think someone throwing her a shower would be okay.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm sorry ladies,I don't understand why it is considered rude.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I wanted to throw one for myself, this is my first pregnancy, only for the fact of ITS NOT ABOUT ME. Its about the baby I'm bringing into this world. I dont think it matters who throws it as long as family & friends are there to celebrate a new life being brought into this world. And just because its her third child doesnt make any difference even if you have 7 I believe there should be a babyshower for each child, no matter who throws it.
    So no, I dont think its rude of her to have a thrid baby shower.
    Sweetie-713

Answer by Sweetie-713 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• well perhaps she doesnt have someone to throw it for her? i am having my second and ive asked my mother and mother in law to do this one for us, but they live close to me,and none of my firends could-they are having babies themselves right now.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• She is throwing it for herself? Very rude! I think it's rude if you even throw yourself one!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Throwing it for herself - yes rude..
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011