How do I make friends at age 21 when I just moved to Chattanooga?

My husband and I just moved here 3 months ago with our 1 yr old daughter, without knowing anyone. And I wish I had friends to go out with, shopping, hang out, explore, activities, bars/clubs.

Ducky6229

Asked by Ducky6229 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Online or finding some kind of support group? I don't know... Lol I just moved and still don't have any friends.
    MrsBridges19

Answer by MrsBridges19 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Find a mother's morning out group. A MOPS group _ moms of preschoolers, a church, a bible study (If you are religious).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• there are plenty of places to go out and mingle in chattanooga..i would just go out with your dh and im sure you will meet friends..maybe go out a few times with ppl from his or your job until you get the hang of things..also you can meet some great friends online..i have a great one in otlewah tn.and im from nc
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Check out your local libraries. They always have story hour and family movie night. Church is also a good place...Try Vacation Bible School this summer...they are everywhere!
    Stay on cafemom and keep posting...we are here for you. Also- Try joining Tennessee Moms. I'm in that group. You can find other moms in your area. I live near Tullahoma..I love going to the TN Aquarium. The zoo there (in Chattanooga) is pretty neat as well.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011