What would happen if Marijuana were legalized?

with some obvious restrictions such as over 18 years of age, no smoking in buildings that are not marijuana friendly, no driving under the influences,

RJSMOMMA

Asked by RJSMOMMA at 2:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• taxes would go up drastically, local, state, & federal, as the government would no longer have the income they get from it being illegal (fines and such)
    Anonymous

• There will be a lot of legalized pot heads running around that's for sure!
    Anonymous

• People would drive really really slow
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'm in MA.....they just voted it in. 18 and older is okay to have an ounce or under. Will it make a difference? No, if you were not inclined to do it before, it's not changing who you are. If you were doing it before, you're now doing it legally.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Doesnt matter bc itll never happen.
    Anonymous

• haha Apr1l :) I drove high once... (I know BAD! never did it again though) I was the safest driver out there! stopped like 50 yards from stop signs, drove speedlimit or under, etc :)
    Anonymous

• It's not legal in MA, actually. The new law merely changed the penalty for possessing an ounce or less to a fine of $100 and no criminal record. You get an appearance ticket for a misdemeanor violation.
    sarguylas

Answer by sarguylas at 2:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

I highly doubt that. There would be businesses created as well as jobs that the government would be getting taxes from.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Its not a good idea because then a lot of foreigners will come to our country claiming to be international legal dealers of marijuana, but they will also be smuggling in illegal harsher drugs and who knows maybe some terrorists.

Anonymous

• there would me more room in jails and prisions for REAL criminals
    Anonymous