Another baby?!

LONG!

so my husband and I have 1 child right ( 11 months.) I think now would be the perfect time to give him a brother or sister, my husband agrees. However this is where it gets complicated. My husband is currently still pursuing his graduate schooling, and my parents being fairly wealthy have allowed us both not to work by agreeing to support us until he is finished with his schooling. This year my husband will be working and going to school, so the new baby and our rent and all other housing expenses will be paid for by us. However the extra money they offered will still be needed for my 1st son. I'm worried that if we decide to have another baby they will be offended and not willing to continue giving us the money. YET i think its SO important for my little one to have a sibling, that he can grow up with, rather then 3 years from now...

I can't decide whether this is just selfish, or whether my parents should understand and support my decision??? any advice?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk to your parents. I'm sure they would be thrilled to have another baby in the family to love :)
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i agree talk to them and see how they would feel about it before you try :)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Do what's best for your family. Although it's very generous that your parents are helping to support you and your family, their money flow shouldn't dictate how you live your life. You can make it work if they cut you off- you'll just have to change your standard of living. My bet is that they will continue to give you some money if you really need it. Good luck ttc!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• thank you all! my parents can still be extremely controlling at times (i think its part of the reason why they give us the money, so they still feel like they have some control on my life) but i really want another baby, and i think its sooo important for my son to grow up with a companion! my husband always tell me not to worry about loosing their money, that we would just readjust our lives without it. but i guess i always revert to that little kid feeling! I feel like i shouldn't have to ask them if this is what we really want they should just support my decision as a mature adult. but its never that easy when dealing with them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Why not wait to you guys are able to support the family you already created? That is nice that your parents are willing to help you but you need to step up to the plate and get your life in order before having another child. Your son can have a brother or sister at any time but its best when the $$$ is coming in and your not strapped or leaning on someone else to pay the bills. Just my opinion. 

mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011