Road trip with a 6 year old and a 2 year old. I need ideas to keep them happy and snack ideas also :)

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 12:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i have a flip down tv that came in my vehicle..you can also buy them at walmart..it works great with my 16mnth old and 14yr old sd..lots of kid movies..i also buy bottle water and take it with me and water mix in flavors just in case there is no gas stations and they are thirsty..i would suggest a variety pack of chips or crackers..i would also bring neck wraps bc im sure someone will fall asleep along the way..i travel alot and dont have any issues
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• pipe cleaners are a great car-friendly activity! crayola has those "color wonder" markers and coloring books that only allow them to color on the special paper...my girls (5 and 3) like to play "i-spy", someone says "i spy with my little eye something that is ___" then say a color or a shape of something and everyone has to guess what it is that you see....as for snacks, pack a cooler if you have one. those yogurt tubes are pretty mess free (not sure for a 2 year old though)...dry cereal...you could make a trail mix with them before hand of their favorite small snacks...hope you have a fun and safe trip!
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• games food and songs
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I say a portable dvd player with their Fav shows & some little coloring books with crayons.. As for snacks we do apples bananas and grapes plus milk and juice. and maybe stop at md's for chicken nuggets and apples
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• For my almost 4 year old, I have a Mobigo. There are lots of different games for different ages and all of the games are teaching games, but all in the popular kids themes. The Mobigo is a little like a NIntendo DS, but for kids. It has a touch screen, but that slides up and it has a full keyboard. He loves the thing and it kept him occupied on our plane trip. Crayons and coloring books are always good, too. I do agree with the portable DVD players. Goldfish are always a hit with kids.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• give each child a car color and see what child sees 10 cars 1st.Look for plates from different states see how many pass u in 1 hour. magnetic games can be helpful,grab a new cookie sheet at the $$ store and some magnetic ABC,checkers,.... As for snacks,try cut up fruit,gold fish,peanut butter/jelly sandwiches,juice boxes,fresh veggies/dip. Have fun and be safe
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2011