Have you ever been fired

from a job? If so why? I was fired from my first job after 1 year cause I started coming in late all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• Ive never been fired. But I have quit and walked off the job bc they pissed me off.

Answer by gemgem at 2:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was fired from a job where I was management. It was partly my fault, I could be a bitch, but it was also my boss. He didn't like the fact that I never kissed his ass and would tell him how I felt. He was a jerk, he later got his karma. That was fun for me. Lol.
    Anonymous

• Yep it just so happened that too many concedenses happened at once. I didn't intend to get fired but I got really sick, called in and they were fine with me staying out. The next day I was still sick so I stayed out again. I was going to return the 3rd day but my husband had a job 2 hours away and when I got up I discovered that he drove off with my car keys! They thought I was just laying out so they fired me.
    Anonymous

• I stopped going to work too, but that was because this guy found out where i worked and kept showing up there to see me. He wasn't a stalker i just thought he was kind of annoying and didn't say anything, plus i was only 17 so..lol i think back at it its so dumb
    Anonymous

• I got fired when I was 21. I was a computer sales person, and I knew bupkiss about selling computers. I didn't understand the difference between hardware or software, but they didn't notice for 6 wks. Ah, the good times.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yup....once when I found out what kind of shady crap was going on. I went to the boss about it and wouldn't cha know I went from the golden child to the squeaky wheel and was "laid off" but I knew it was really a safer way of them getting rid of me without a stink. I still turned them in though.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• More times than I can remember. I don't care because they were all crappy retail and waitstaff jobs that got me through college and to law school.
    sarguylas

Answer by sarguylas at 3:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Ha, i got fired because i worked at jack in the box from 10pm to 6am and they expected me to take orders when i was peeing!! what kind of shit is that? so i took it off one night and they fired me the next!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Twice, from two different TV jobs. In both cases, management changed and they decided they wanted to go in a different direction. But each time, I wound up in better places making more money than I had before.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2008