When do you or did you start giving a baby some juice?

what age?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started both of mine at about 16 months but to each their own. If your thinking about it I'd wait until they're def over 12 months.
    YellowBaby

Answer by YellowBaby at 12:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• not till he was 1 1/2 and even then he gets it only once a week. I try to limit, it and stick with water and milk.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It is recommended to wait as long as possible. Juice is mainly sugar. It is best to give pieces of fruit instead of juice. We waited til almost 3yrs old to introduce juice.
    mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 12:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• U can give them juice mixed with water 1/4 juice to 3/4 water. I started giving juice mixed with water at4 months. Doctor said it was fine as long as it was mostly water. Alot of babies do not like and will not drink only water.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Probably around a year, it I mixed it with water. My DD preferred water most of the time anyway.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I started mine after 2.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I never buy juice. They serve it at daycare. I think they start when they are 1 1/2 years. It's not necessary.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Wow I'm definatly in the minority here...my daughter is 4 yrs old and I still don't give her juice...I just don't think it's necessary for her to have it...if she is thirsty I give her either water or milk...on the rare occasion I will let her have chocolate milk.....BUT my mother gives her juice when she spends the night over there lol...so she's not being deprived of her childhood or anything lol...but even my mom didnt start giving her juice until she was 2
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• the pediatrician said I could give it to her now (6 mo old) but I don't think she needs it this young, its just pure sugar
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• not until after they were at least a yaer old. I think I started at around 18 months, and then only a cup a day in the morning (orange juice). and it was watered down. I also do 100% no additives juice.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011