Hi there, i am wanting a stay at home job. I have googled and researched till i cant see straight for a legitimate online job. Please help

I do not want to have to fork out a ton of money, no telephone sales, just a great job.

wparten

Asked by wparten at 12:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• I THINK THAT IF THERE WERE ANY LEGITIMATE WORK AT HOME JOBS,EVERYBODY WOULD WORK FROM HOME! BUT THERE R NOT!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• If there were legitmate work from home jobs many more of us would be doing that. They are all scams and none of them make you any money.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yeah everyday at least 5 ladies post to this particular board saying they need a work at home JOB. They are so few and far between that well.....the short answer is: you aren't going to find one. If you do, you're one of the rare lucky ones.

Most of those that work from home don't earn a "paycheck" but they either started their own business, whether it's babysitting, running errands, writing articles, photography, DH and I own a Carpet Cleaning business and run it from home.....or they went with a direct selling company. These of course cost money to start up as any business will.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I want one too, there are some, like selling Avon? I've started to do surveys online, I don't exactly make a living from it! It's like £1 per survey, but I do know there MUST be jobs from home, start up your own business, set up a dating website maybe?
    Anonymous

• If you want a JOB you need the right skills. There are companies who employ appointment setters and data entry positions, medical coding, medical/legal transcription...
    You need skills, the proper equipment, and solid blocks of time where you can work uninterrupted in a quiet environment.
    Try liveops, my aunt did great with them
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• CONTACT ME I have information for you. JENNIFERSALAZAR.SALAZAR@GMAIL.COM or here at cafemom
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Dont you love getting told off for asking a question? I think that Mom2Jack04 is right 100%. I am a photographer. Maybe try to find soemthing you enjoy doing and sell it on Etsy. Or something along those lines. We took our tax return and bought what i needed for my company...it was a good bit of money but I have made it all back already.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I blog about that type of work.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• if you want a work from home job you have to work for it. ONE: either find a corporation that will allow you to do secretarial work from home (you typically need a home office, and experience at least, plus a lot of companies want you in the office at least one day a week, and will typically start you off in the office to work before allowing you to work from home until they are comfortable with you in their company).

Two: apply for a day care license. You'll need to check out your state for mandatory needs to start this.

Three: start your own business. This requires money upfront and the proper licenses too.

Four: babysit (check with local state laws to see their laws for babysitting vs day care so you don't over step the legal limits and boundaries).

Try a cosmetology school: They offer a lot of options for setting up business at home. From waxing, or hairstylist, to pedicurists, to facial specialst.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• six: go back to school for something you love and apply it to a business you can run from your home.. although I suggest a business management minor minimum as well.

Those realy are your only options besides ebay auctions, and dealing with scammers online, or businesses like mary kay etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011