Have you had a threatened miscarriage??

So i am 5 weeks and was in the hospital all day yesterday. I was diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage. Ive had mild cramping and moderate bleeding. Have not passed any large clots, only very very tiny ones and not many. Im going back tomorrow to have my hcg levels checked. I was just wondering how many of you ladies have experienced a threatened miscarriage, what happened and were you able to carry to full term? Im not getting my hopes up too high at this point, but i do know there is still a chance my baby could make it...any info would be appreciated, good or bad.

AydensMommy1109

Asked by AydensMommy1109 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry. I don't know of any moms who had it so early in pregnancy where the baby was carried to term.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Nothing that serious, but when I was around 5 weeks pregnant my levels were much lower than normal and didn't improve over the next couple weeks and my doctor said "he just didn't know". But everything turned out fine.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I have had a threatened miscarriage... I was about 4 weeks pregnant, earlier that day I was having some mild cramping as I was getting my hair done. I didnt know what was going on. Later around 4am, I got up to go use the bathroom. I noticed I was bleeding, so I got dressed and went to the emergency room. They told me that, I was having a miscarriage and my levels were decreasing.... So, to make a long story short, I lost my child. However, I haven't given up on having my own family and you shouldn't either.
    MzWhitnei

Answer by MzWhitnei at 12:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• They said my HCG levels were normal yesterday..does that really mean anything?
    AydensMommy1109

Comment by AydensMommy1109 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• If they said your HCG levels were normal which I hope means they are going up hopefully you will carry full term....When I miscarried the OB happen to see it coming and warned me sure enough that Sat. after my appointment 4 am I was bleeding like stuck pig....when they did my blood work they said my HCG lvls were going down :( I hope this helps I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I am here as a friend if you ever need one regardless of the outcome =)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 1:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I didnt even know I was pregnant at first but my period lasted for like 2 weeks and I took a test. I ended up miscarrying. A few months later I got pregnant with my daughter and I bled off and on for around 2 weeks and had cramping like a period. The doctor checked my levels and did ultrasounds. I was terrified that I was gonna lose another baby. But I didnt. I carried her for 41 weeks and she is a healthy 4 year old now. So have hope and if it doesnt work out you can always try again. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you have a happy ending.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I had one at 7 weeks and lost the baby
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 1:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I had one at 8wks & we lost the baby a wk later...**hugs**I'm so sorry ur going thru this.stay positive if u can.
    ms_jasmine

Answer by ms_jasmine at 5:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yes, I had this at 6 weeks, it turned out I was supposed to have twins but one egg didn't attach, the doctor said I was a threatened miscarriage risk for the other living twin , I am happy to say I am 35 weeks 5 days now :) she is fine and healthy :)
    Sarahg83619

Answer by Sarahg83619 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2011