what does it mean to you?

What does Marriage mean to you? is is just "a piece of paper" or so much more???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• it is 2 people pledging to spend the rest of their lives together.
    Anonymous

• I think it means whatever you make it mean. You define the parameters of your relationship. To me it is more than a piece of paper, it is has nothing to do with religion, and it is something that should only be entered into once it is established that divorce is not an option.
    Anonymous

• it means what all your vows say
    Anonymous

• The piece of paper is worth peace of mind for benefits later in life, or incase of emergency I can do what needs to be done... but the marriage is about our feelings, it's a promise to one another that we're in it for the long haul, that we're going to do everything within our power to stay together, to try to not hurt one another etc... it's worth so much more than the piece of paper saying we're married by law
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It means that we promised to spend our lives together. Being faithful to each other. We will not stray even in our thoughts. More than this, we will work hard to make each other happy and peaceful. As we said in our vows, true to each other in plenty and in want, in joy and in sorrow, and in sickness and in health. And we've had plenty of all of these.

Answer by Bmat at 3:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• to me it means he loves me and i love him enough to make the ultimate commitment by marrying each other. also it means that we will be sealed for all eternity when we go to the temple to have our marriage sealed.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Well, for me it is a commitment without an exit door... something I never wanted until I met my husband (I was 39 when we got married, neither ever married before). It means we both work alot harder at making sure we stay happy together... we are committed to making our marriage work and would prefer it to be happy, fulfilling, loving. It means I get to call his family my own. It means my daughter has a stepfather. It means I might have to file taxes differently. It means I feel secure. It means I sacrifice my ego. It means my best friend and I are legally family.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Marriage is a vow to God and my friends and family that I will love and honor my DH through good and bad.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It means, I'm in it to win it. Come hell or highwater. I agree to do what's right for the marriage and sometimes that even means parting ways to keep the relationship, or not.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 1:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Marriage is a hard job. It means compromising, give more than you take. Walk away when you argue so shit dont get too out of hands with two hot headed individuals. Say sorry even when you know you are not wrong. It means putting up with crap that you know you wouldnt in any other relationships. It means sacrifices.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2008