Exersaucer Vs Jumperoo

Does anyone have any opinions on these? My little one will be 4 months old on January 2nd and I'm not sure which one I should get, or if I should get both? Also there are so many different kinds out there. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

KJohnson4762

Asked by KJohnson4762 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have both, and Chloe loves them both (she is 1 yr.), just at different times of the day. If you buy an exersaucer, I suggest one with a snack tray on it. Every morning I put Chloe in hers when she wakes up and give her some Cheerio's and a bottle, while I get rounded around myself. I put her in the Jumperoo during the day when she is getting bored with her toys... It's also nice to wear her out before bedtime for those days when she just doesn't want to sleep.
    bridbill

Answer by bridbill at 3:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i have used the exersaucer and it was great... not much experience with the jumperoo... good luck!!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We had both but neither of my boys really liked the exersaucer. They loved the jumperoo though. Just make sure with whatever you choose, your peanut has the strength in their legs (and of course, make sure the height of the product is at the proper length. Too much pressure can do damage on their legs and could even bow them if they aren't developed enough.

Although..most people are already aware of that....but I just wanted to make sure. =)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• we have the rainforest jumperoo and my son LOVES IT. he's nine months almost now.. and he'll still use it.. he'll be in there for an hour at the time. the only bad thing is when you hold his hands to try and walk with him... he'd rather jump =] but he's not been in it for a while so he's starting to get the walking idea =] i would highly recommend it!! If you post a wanted add on craigslist you can get thim for about 30 dollars!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have both and my son only uses the Jumperoo he doesnt like to to be still he is very curious and has to go go go all day long :)
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have both.. my daughter loved both - I'd say probably the jumperoo a little more, though. I don't think it's totally necessary to have both of them, because they are seriously the same basic idea.. if I were only to get one, I'd probably only get the jumperoo.

Of course, I was able to put my daughter into the exercaucer a little bit earlier than the jumperoo, but she was TINY..
    mama2Tw0

Answer by mama2Tw0 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My niece was a psycho chick in her jumperoo. We laughed our butts off at that girl...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have both and my 8month old son hates both. He rather be standing holding on to the side of them then be in them. It just depends on what your kid is into. My son onces he gets a tall enough to lay both feet down on the ground he climbs out so make sure its always at the right height. and if you do buy one buy one that has alot.. I MEAN ALOT..of toys add on. so they dont get bored.
    roseybluejeans

Answer by roseybluejeans at 3:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• we have both, and Auri loves them both!! The exersaucer lasts a little longer cuz there are more toys to hold her attention, but she really loves her baby einstein jumper too. I like the jumper better just cuz it has more adjustments and will last until she is older than the saucer will.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I've got both (an Evenflo Deluxe exersaucer, and the Fisher Price Rainforest jumperoo), and my son much preferred his Jumperoo. He's really active and liked all the jumping around, though, so if yours is more laid back, the exersaucer might be better.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008