My 11 month old

Her behavior is getting worse. She is very shy around new people which i understand most babies are. But now she screams and cries anytime someone new gets her. Even if its my brother she cries and she knows him. There is something about men that she does not like. Also she cries for me to hold her all the time. She doesnt play with her toys anymore she only follows me around wanting me to hold her. I'm so sick of this. I live with my mom and when my DD starts this i tell my mom ignore her dont pick her up. Well she picks her up anyway. Any advice ladies?? I am so sick of this. I have so much on my plate right now. My dad dies a week ago today and i don't need this stress right now

Mommyto2127

Asked by Mommyto2127 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she will grow out of it-- she is probably sensing the stress of the death too and could use just as much comfort as you
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• yes but the thing is it was happening b4 he died too. A man from my moms gf work moved in here and shes a little freaked i think thats the cause of it but i need to know how to help her get out of it
    Mommyto2127

Comment by Mommyto2127 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Prime time for separation anxiety, she will grow out of it but I know it's tough right now when she needs you so much!

Answer by missanc at 1:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• so sorry to hear about your dad,maybe she s going through a phase,my oldest was very clingy,and didnt grow out of it,till the time she was a yr. maybe try a playdate with another child her age,with you there at first,then graduallly try leaving her for a few hrs a day.
    houndlover

Answer by houndlover at 1:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011