So yet another rant about DH.

We don't currently have an ironing board, so I've been doing the ironing on the floor, with a big towel to protect the carpet.

DH asked me this morning if I could iron his shirt, I said NO because I was busy cleaning, plus I think it's about God Dam time he learnt to do it himself! Anyway, after he'd done it, badly I must say, he left for work, I thought nothing more of it, and carried on cleaning.

An hour passes, and I walk into living room to find a HUUUGE iron shaped burn in my new carpet!! We've only lived here 3 months and he's melted the carpet already! I'm soooo annoyed! It's not even in a place I can hide it with a rug or anything :(

Also when I went into the kitchen, he'd left the fridge door open, which has nothing at all to do with the carpet, but it's just something else he's done today thats annoyed me!

Is there anything at all I can do to save the my carpet?

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 1:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Do you have a scrap piece of carpet? IF you do, or can cut some out of the floor in a closet where people won't see it, you can cut out a piece and switch it out. Make sure to pay attention to any pattern in both pieces to get the correct fit.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Before he leaves the house everyday, I'd be walking my dh around the house fixing up his crap. Not me, him... I'd have to supervise! :/
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• how bad is the burn... you might be able to trim the top of the carpet to just get the burned part off without it looking too bad.
    TheHappyChicken

Answer by TheHappyChicken at 1:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• They can take some out of an inconspicuous place like a closet and sew it in place of the burned spot.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Look for an ironing board on Freecycle.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Thanks Ladies, I'll try and patch it up, luckily it's a plain carpet with no pattern, hope it looks ok! But DH is doing it not me! He broke it so he can fix it!
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Buy an ironing board. They are like what $12.00?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Getting a Bathroom is at the top of the list of priorities at the mo thanks meooma, we will buy one eventually though
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Get a divorce lol.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Did he truly do that on purpose? Sounds a tad manipulative to me if so.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011