Potty training, when did you start with your boy.

Do you know exactly how you started?
and how old were they, i know boys are harder to train is what i've heard.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We started with just introducing the potty... and having him go before bath time and random times during the day so he understood the concept... when we thought he was ready to train we rewarded with M&M's... 1 for trying, 2 for peeing he caught on really quick.... he's been potty trained since he was 2 1/2.
    It didn't happen right away though... the first couple of times we tried he wasn't ready, we took a break and tried again a few weeks later.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My first was 3, my second was 3 1/2. For both I bought a lot of character underwear. I got them excited that they were big boys now and were ready to use the potty. When they got up in the morning we went right to underwear. No more diapers. I took them every 1/2 hour the first day. Every hour the second day. By day 3 they were trained. Wait until you can spend 3 entire days at home. Never go back to diapers except at night. Expect a lot of accidents the first day. Be prepared with a lot of underwear. Like 20 pairs.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My boys were no harder to train then my daughter.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• mine i one and we are working on it we have good days and bad. my daughter i started @2 and by three she was good to go but my soon has u can see is not so easy
    bryansgirl

Answer by bryansgirl at 2:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son was 2 years and 9 months old. Seemed like it was overnight and he was trained. We did have lingering issues with BM's, he'd go in his diaper (which he only wore at night) every morning. But that was soon corrected.

My daughter just PT at 2 years and 3 months, she was definitely more stubborn. Although younger, I'd say she was harder.
    chelsea_renee

Answer by chelsea_renee at 4:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• iam having trouble getting my 3 year old too #2 in potty but iam going try potty training.com web sight tommow
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011