Spanking!: If you disagree with it.. do you speak your mind if other parents spank their children at your home or a public place? If you're a spanker.. do you spank in front of people you know don't spank?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Nope, never did. My son is 6 now. So we made it through the terrible 1,2,3+ 4s lol
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 1:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I have spanked but I also believe spanking in public is inappropriate and embarrassing for the child and i wouldn't spank in front of someone who's doesn't agree with it just my opinion.
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• speak my mind? lol of course not. it's none of my business how another parent chooses to discipline their child, as long as there is no abuse or neglect going on.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I spank...I generally don;t do it in public only because I don't want people talking crap,but just today i had to spank my DD we were in Wal-Mart and she was throwing a HUGE fit and trying to stop the cart and everything...so I pulled into an aisle and swatted her butt...of course it made NO diff. in her behavior,,,,huh!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Spanking didn't work for us but some people say it works for them... to each her own. I'm not the type of person who gives parenting advice to strangers who haven't asked for an opinion. If it was a friend I might say something, especially if their methods weren't working.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• The 1-2 times we've spanked in public, we hauled my daughter into the bathroom to not disturb everybody else.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I no longer spank. If I see someone spank, as long as its not out of control I don't say anything. When I did spank, I didn't care who was there to see it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I don't spank. If I saw someone spanking their child I would not say anything unless the parent was out of control and crossing the line into abuse where the child was really being hurt. If I saw that in public, I would try to intervene. Otherwise I would stay out of it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• As long as it isn't being done in an abusive manner. I mind my own business.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011